Before I was gifted my first smart phone in 2011, all of my list-making was done with paper and pen >yawn<.
Then, enter (in my case), the iPhone >yay!<. I really do credit the iPhone with taking my organizational skills to a whole new level.
As being an avid note/list-taker/maker, I was super stoked to find the “notes” app. How fabulous! But it wasn’t long before my novice fingers hit the trash symbol and my to-do list was gone, with no option to recover.
That’s when my über tech-savvy husband suggested using a note-taking app.
Why not Evernote he said?
And then my life forever changed.
I just don’t know what I would do without this fabulous piece of app.
- You will never lose a note. If you by accident delete it, it will be in the Trash!
- You can use it on both your phone and computer (and iPad if you wish).
- All notes are accessible all the time with a cellular or wifi connection for free! The only time I ever paid for an upgrade was when we went traveling for a few months so I could have off-line access (because I stored all of our itineraries and travel information in it – more on that in another post).
- It holds all my mental clutter so my mind can be free!
Here are 10 good starter notes:
- To-Do List
- Books (a place to put everyone’s recommendations)
- Movies (same)
- Music (same, or to jot down tunes you want to look up later)
- Grocery List
- Karaoke (don’t laugh! – this is for your go-to karaoke songs so you don’t need to think about it when you somehow end up at karaoke late-night)
- Vouchers/Credits (which stores and for how much)
- (Sushi) Take Out (so you don’t need to scrutinize the roll-menu each time!)
Now go and download the Evernote app now for your phone and desktop!
*I 100% swear I am not being paid by Evernote (after all this is only my second blog post). I just love it THAT MUCH.