When I wake up, I want breakfast, asap. I don’t want to spend more than a few minutes on it. And I want to to be a nutritional powerhouse.
Welcome: Oatmeal Bars. A make-ahead, super nutritious, easy, ready in 2 minutes breakfast. Spend 10 minutes making it and then you have breakfast for the next 5-6 days.
I chose an assortment of dried fruits, nuts, seeds – but you can just add in your favorite toppings to suit your own tastes, and use your favorite oatmeal as well.
I like heating them in some almond milk and drizzling honey or agave on top but they can be heated plain too.
Yield 6 bars
- 5-6 cups oats
- 4 TB ground flax seeds
- 4 TB nutritional yeast
- 2 TB chia seeds
- 6 TB golden raisins
- 6 TB toasted seed/nut mix
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 1/2 ts cinnamon
- 1/4 ts salt (optional)
- Make oatmeal according to package.
- While oatmeal is cooking, slice bananas and set aside.
- Prep all other ingredients in medium baking dish (the one you will use in the end) and mix together.
- When oats are finished, mix in bananas and all other ingredients into the pot.
- Pour and smooth the mixture in the baking dish and sprinkle with more cinnamon (if you’re a cinnamon lover like me).
- Put in fridge.
- When hardened, slice into 6 rectangles (brownie-style). Heat and enjoy!
What is your go-to breakfast? Please comment below!